Product Description: Easy to use, this thoroughly revised and expanded edition of Alternative Medicine keeps pace with the latest findings and developments in alternative medicine.
Here is the most comprehensive, current, well-balanced, and trustworthy information available from both a scientific and a biblical perspective.
From the Back Cover:
The most complete resource of its kind on alternative medicine
• Herbal remedies, dietary supplements, and alternative therapies
• Their specific uses
• Which ones really work (and which ones don’t)
• What to watch out for
• Christian versus non-Christian approaches to holistic health
• Clinically proven treatments versus unproven or quack treatments
• Truths and fallacies about supernatural healing
• Ancient medical lore: the historical, cultural, and scientific facts
• And much, much more
Alternative Medicine is the first comprehensive guidebook to nontraditional medicine written from a distinctively Christian perspective.
Keeping pace with the latest developments and research in alternative medicine, this thoroughly revised edition combines the most current information with an easy-to-use format.
University lecturer and researcher Donal O’Mathuna, PhD, and national medical authority Walt Larimore, MD, provide detailed and balanced answers to your most pressing questions about alternative medicine—and to other questions you wouldn’t have thought to ask.
• Two alphabetical reference sections:
• Alternative therapies
• Herbal remedies, vitamins, and dietary supplements
• A description of each therapy and remedy, an analysis of claims, results of actual studies, cautions, recommendations, and further resources
• Handy cross-references linking health problems with various alternative therapies and herbal remedies reviewed in the book.
Shipping weight 1.00 lb